The weight loss drug Phentermine may be just as effective as an aid for anxiety disorders. Weight loss with Phentermine is ideal for many users as the drug helps to effectively combat obesity. However, the psychostimulant can also be used in managing conditions like depression and anxiety. Doctors have concluded that this medication may even be used as a standalone drug for anxiety treatment. Read on to learn more about the use of this weight loss drug in those who suffer from nervousness.
How does Phentermine work to improve anxiety disorders?
The mechanism of this pill is such that it can improve the mood in those with anxiety symptoms. As synthetic amphetamine, Phentermine is a relatively safe drug to use to produce stimulant effects. Through this stimulation, the release of certain chemicals is triggered like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. These are regarded as highly important mood regulators that work to control the anxiety symptoms.
Another way that this pill works to improve the uneasy condition is that it induces weight loss by producing the feeling of being satiated. Improving one’s physical fitness through Phentermine, diet, and exercise will help the person to feel good. This in turn aids in overcoming the anxiety disorders.
The effects of Phentermine on anxiety patients
Apart from the working mechanism of Phentermine in improving the anxiety condition, there are many ways in which the drug truly helps to alleviate symptoms. This is a problem that can develop in any person. Surprisingly, it can actually help in keeping the symptoms under control. The following are the different ways in which the dosing for anxiety actually work:
- One of the prominent symptoms in those with anxiety is that they feel bogged down with fatigue and do not have the energy to exercise, even though exercise can help improve the mood tremendously. It eliminates fatigues and helps one to feel more energetic.
- Weight loss is a major effect of Phentermine. Excessive weight gain is one of the many symptoms of anxiety. The reduction in weight will improve both physical and psychological symptoms of uneasiness.
- The stimulant nature of the drug results in better productivity. Brain activity that is usually slowed down from the anxiety condition quickly goes away.
- The vastly improved and regulated mood control of Phentermine results in better eating habits. Making the right food choices is yet another factor that has an effect on the anxiety disorder.
- Another theory is that this weight loss drug promotes neural activation in certain parts of the brain, though this has not been extensively studied. It is deemed that neural activation has therapeutic effects and also brings down the anxiety symptoms.
This weight loss pills are also suitable in some patients for treatment resistant depression, for which the drug is prescribed as an off-label use.
Is Phentermine effective for depression with comorbid anxiety?
According to medical researchers, it may not be suitable for those with depression comorbid anxiety. Those who suffer from this problem already have a heightened sensation of stimulation and agitation. Taking the medication at this time can only result in the symptoms worsening. If you have any psychological problem, you should always take consultation with the healthcare provider and use Phentermine only if prescribed to take it. It is usually managed with other treatment techniques and medications. Phentermine for anxiety should be used with suitable precautions.